October 23, 2008

National Novel Writing Month

National Novel Writing Month or nanowrimo as it is affectionately called is marking its tenth anniversary this year. What started out as a bunch of friends getting together in San Francisco to mega write has turned into a major non-profit charity that supports writers of all ages and library's in countries all around the world. Every year thousands of people write like crazy for one whole month with the goal of writing 50,000 words. None of it has to be perfect. It is a write as much as you can, as fast as you can marathon. The trial by fire starts on the first of November and ends at midnight on November 30th. I had heard about this contest ( strictly personal) a few years ago but didn't believe I had the right stuff to even think I could attempt such a goal. My views on my writing goals have changed this past year and I have signed up for the challenge. No fees are attached but donations are thankfully received. Follow this site to get way too much info. http://www.nanowrimo.org/ Just go to the about section. Image coutesy of NaNoWriMo.org



Does anyone else out there feel a challenge coming on? I double dare you!



dd

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 24, 2008 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Dorinda Ohnstad said...

Don't know if I'm up to the challenge, but you go girl!

 
At October 24, 2008 at 10:31 PM , Blogger June Rodriguez said...

Thanks Dori. I'm going to need all the friendly push I can get. I understand you have started on something new. I would love to hear more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home