August 24, 2008

The Road to Blogging

I spent a lot of time the last few weeks researching Blogs. I found information on do's and don'ts, rules and regulations, on set-ups and redos. I checked out solo blogs, group blogs and company blogs. I compared half a dozen help you start it up sites and when I decided I had absorbed all I could I set a date.

I learned a couple of important things along the way. 1) It is not easy to set up. It takes time. Sure they ask all the right questions and give you lots of items to pick from but this is important and you don't want to make the wrong choice. Colors, fonts, and pictures give you lots of options. But don't worry there are lots of edit buttons to help with last minute changes. 2) I'm hooked. My blog favorites list went from three to thirty. So beware the drain on your writing time. 3) What a great way to connect! Learn new things, catch up with favorite authors, find new links and just have some fun.

Do you have any helpful hints to make blogging life easier for this first timer?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At August 25, 2008 at 12:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Setting up a blog was a big step for the Kings County Writers. Now it's up to each of us to make sure the public hears what we're doing in the San Joaquin Valley (besides making raisins!). Be sure and notify friends and writers about our site.

 
At August 25, 2008 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Hey, June, congratulations to all of you for taking this big step.

As you know, I'm very fond of all the members of this group.

Good luck with this new venture!

How can I help?

 
At August 25, 2008 at 11:20 PM , Blogger June Rodriguez said...

Hi Marilyn. Thanks for droping us a note. I love your profile. We can use it as an example of how to set up ours. We would love to have you guest blog for us sometime.

 
At August 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Sure, I'll guest blog--just say when and what you'd like me to talk about.

 
At August 29, 2008 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Melissa Blue said...

The main thing that a lot of people have a problem with is to keep it updated. Post at least once a week. I personally don't believe it has to have a focus. A blog just needs to be entertaining.

Nice to see you on the blogsphere June.

And, yes, the valley does make more than raisins. Lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home